On the 2nd of March, the Athens Laboratory of Research in Marketing – A.L.A.R.M. – and the myclimate representative in Greece, the Centre for Sustainability and Excellence (CSE) held the third annual conference on “Green Marketing: Environmental Dimensions of Marketing within CSR” at Gaia Center, Athens.
The event opened with an introduction by Mr. Maniatis, Deputy Minister of the Greek Ministry for Environment, Energy and Climate Change, followed by case studies on successful Green Marketing practices, which were presented by major corporations.
During the event and for the first time, CSE awarded the “Green Leader” awards to Greek companies that have calculated their carbon footprint and moved on to minimize them.
The following Greek companies were awarded:
• VLACHAKIS EGGS- for the product “Epilego climate Neutral Eggs”
• GAEA- for the climate neutral olive oil
• VITEX- for the product “Climate Neutral Ecological Paint”
• PITSOS (B/S/H)- for the climate neutral use of their appliances
• JETOIL- for the climate neutral fleet of fuel trucks
• GEFYRA- for the minimization of their carbon footprint in their offices
• COCA COLA 3E- for the organization of the climate neutral Amita Motion Tour
• ATTIKES DIADROMES- for the calculation of the carbon footprint of one of the biggest highways in Athens (Attiki Odos)
The awards were handed over by myclimate CEO René Estermann.